5 Tips To Spring Clean Your Hearing Aids
Spring cleaning doesn’t just stop with your home, car or yard. This time of year is a great time to spring clean your hearing aids.
The average cost of a hearing aid is well over $1,000, so it’s important to protect your investment. This means regular adjustments by your healthcare provider and cleaning them on a regular basis.
Here are 5 tips to spring clean your hearing aids…
1. Use the right tools. Invest in the proper cleaning tools if you haven’t already. This includes a wax pick and brush.
2. Clear the wax. Using the brush and pick, clear away any wax in the openings of the hearing aids. Wax prevents clear hearing and damages the hearing aid.
3. Clean the battery. Remove the battery each night and regularly brush the inside of the battery compartment with the brush tool. This will remove any dirt or other particles that can damage the aid and/or battery.
4. Wipe it down. In addition to brushing, give the hearing aid a thorough wipe down to remove dirt and bacteria. Avoid wiping the microphone.
5. Take it to the professionals. We recommend taking your hearing aid to a hearing healthcare provider for a professional cleaning twice a year. These in-depth cleanings include vacuuming the microphone and checking that the hearing aid is working properly.
Add your hearing list to your spring cleaning list today!